RAD-Moon, the most popular media converter for automotive ethernet
Bridge the Gap Between Conventional and Automotive Ethernet
The RAD-Moon is a media converter that allows you to connect a BroadR-Reach® / 100BASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet device to a PC with a conventional 4-wire 10/100 Ethernet port. Moreover, the RADMoon is a low cost, compact size and high performance device. So, the RAD-Moon is ideal for monitoring, analysis, diagnostics and other applications in an Automotive Ethernet environment.
Simple, Inexpensive, Yet Powerful
The RAD-Moon contains two different Ethernet physical layer implementations (PHYs). They are internally connected: BroadR-Reach® and conventional 10/100 twisted pair Ethernet. Whenever any data is received over either connection, it is automatically sent out on the other. Therefore, it creates a seamless link between the two attached devices. Full-duplex operation is supported, so data can be sent in both directions simultaneously. It does not require any software or hardware configuration.
RAD Moon Key Features
- Powered by an industry-standard mini-USB connection
- BroadCom BCM89810 BroadR-Reach® PHY
- Automatic master/slave configuration for the attached Automotive Ethernet device
- Molex Mini50 for Automotive Ethernet connection
- Standard RJ-45 for 10/100 Ethernet connection with automatic configuration for 10 Mb/s or 100 Mb/s Ethernet networks
- Link and activity LEDs for both connections
- Full-duplex support for simultaneous data transmission and reception across both PHYs
- Rugged aluminum enclosure with rubber bumpers for durability
- Ethernet cable and USB cable included.
More product information on Intrepid Control site.